January Challenges

After my accident at the railway, I had to buy a new helmet, a new bottle and fix my 2 times used jacket. With the Sales I pay only 50% of the usual price for the new helmet. This occasion reduced my costs. ;-)

At that time I also bought a "thermal"-bottle but it isn't a really thermos bottle. This is my first one and the idea for such bottles cames around the Rapha Festive500 challenge. I just misses some tepic fluid during this cold and wet rides.


Few days after the crash, Christian send me a friendly email to purchase a new winter jacket for 99€. A really nice offer for a Mavic Inferno and I couldn't resist to order it.

A midd of January landscape.



Since the Rapha Festive500 challenge, I start to use the Strava site to log my sport activities too. For January 2014, they offer two challenges. 


1. Gran Fondo 1 

130 km on one ride in 24 hours. It is not the easiest way to all bike rider located in the North-Hemisphere, especially in January. For more information, please check the official website at (http://www.strava.com/challenges/gran-fondo-01) 

January the 19th, "Gran Fondo 1" succesfully accomplished.


2. Prove It

For this challenge, the subscriber needs to ride 600 km in January. As always, the time zone is the sportsperson local time zone. To get well motivated, Strava will distribute four digital “milestone-badge” at 150/300/450/600 km to each athlete. All finisher will be able order a limited edition “Prove it” T-Shirt. For more information, please check the official website at (http://www.strava.com/challenges/prove-it-ride) 

With 409 kilometers, this chellange isn't finished successfully. Just got the 300km milestone-badge.